Research, work, and student seminars to be held at DMIST during the next few weeks.
- 22/04/2019, 11:00
- Soraia Pereira
Geostatistical analysis of sardine eggs data — a Bayesian approach
- 24/04/2019, 13:00
- Clément Dombry
The coupling method in extreme value theory
- 24/04/2019, 14:30
- João Fontinha
A primer on the Section Conjecture — a bridge between arithmetic and homotopy
- 24/04/2019, 15:30
- Carlos Herdeiro
Light ring stability in ultra-compact objects
- 03/05/2019, 15:00
- Alexei Karlovich
Algebras of Continuous Fourier Multipliers on Variable Lebesgue Spaces
Agregações and doctorates
- 08/05/2019, 14:30, Agregação
- Pedro Manuel Agostinho Resende
A Course in Category Theory
- 05/12/2018, 15:00, PhD
- Walter Priesnitz Filho
Privacy-Preserving Attribute Aggregation in eID Federations
- 04/12/2018, 14:30, PhD
- Anna Carolina Nametala Finamore do Couto
Academic Intelligence in Higher Education Institutions
- 13/11/2018, 14:30, PhD
- Guilherme Henrique Caçador Ramos
Improving Information Security in Ranking Recomender and Control Systems
- 02/11/2018, 14:30, PhD
- Pedro Fontoura Correia de Oliveira
Cosmic No-Hair for Spherically Symmetric Black Hole Spacetimes
Nearby news and events
- 24/06/2019 — 26/06/2019
- Global Portuguese Mathematicians @ Departamento de Matemática da Faculdade de Ciências da Universidade do Porto
- 08/07/2019 — 11/07/2019
- Second International Conference on Mathematical Applications 19 @ Universidade da Madeira
- 22/07/2019 — 24/07/2019
- 1st WM2 - Women in Mathematics Meeting @ European Women in Mathematics
- 29/07/2019 — 02/08/2019
- 12th Isaac Congress @ Universidade de Aveiro
- 05/09/2019 — 07/09/2019
- Geometrias’19: Polyhedra and Beyond @ Department of Mathematics of the Faculty of Sciences of Porto’s University, Portugal
06/03/2019 — 20/04/2019
The program Lisbon Mathematics PhD (LisMath, for short) aims at preparing high level researchers in the field of Mathematics by bundling the training and research expertise of two of the existing PhD programs in Mathematics at the Universidade de Lisboa, namely
- Doctoral Program in Mathematics at Instituto Superior Técnico (IST)
- Doctoral Program in Mathematics at Faculdade de Ciências (FCUL).
17/06/2019 — 19/06/2019
The Women in Operator Theory and its Applications workshop targets the narrowing of the gender gap in this broad, active and wide ranging branch of functional analysis. By presenting the vast research opportunities and the most recent results in operator theory and related topics, we aim at attracting early career female mathematicians to this area, fostering contacts between different generations of mathematicians, and promoting dialogue in a friendly atmosphere. It is however open to anyone interested.
15/07/2019 — 17/07/2019
22/07/2019 — 26/07/2019
IWOTA 2019 intends to bring together mathematicians and engineers working in Functional Analysis, Operator Theory and their applications, namely mathematical physics, control theory and signal processing.
Final public defenses for agregação or PhD either recent or upcoming.
Local mathematics related news and events from other organizations with possible interest for DMIST.
Global mathematics related news and events with possible interest for DMIST.