Recently hired faculty
- Pedro Ricardo Simão Antunes, 2022-05-01, Associate Professor. Numerical analysis, meshless methods, shape optimization.
- Diogo Oliveira e Silva, 2022-01-01, Assistant Professor. Harmonic analysis.
- Hugo Tavares, 2020-01-01, Associate Professor. Partial Differential Equations, Nonlinear Analysis.
- Simão Correia, 2019-09-03, Assistant Professor. Qualitative theory for dispersive PDE, elliptic PDE, harmonic analysis.
- Jorge Tiago, 2019-09-03, Assistant Professor. Optimal control and numerical methods in fluid mechanics.
- Filipe Mena, 2018-09-01, Associate Professor. Mathematical Physics, General Relativity, Differential Geometry.
- Leonardo Macarini, 2018-01-01, Associate Professor. Symplectic Topology, Hamiltonian Dynamics, Differential Geometry.
Recently hired researchers
- Maria Kulikova, 2022-01-01, Researcher. Bayesian filtering and parameter estimation, system identification, computational statistics.
- Delia Schiera, 2021-11-11, Researcher. Partial Differential Equations, Nonlinear Analysis.
- Gunter Schütz, 2021-11-01, Researcher. Polymer dynamics, driven diffusive systems, quantum spin chains far from equilibrium.
- Erida Gjini, 2020-09-01, Researcher. Mathematical epidemiology, modeling of infectious diseases, stochastic processes.
- 10/10/2022, 11:00
- Jie-qiang Wu
Algebra of diffeomorphism invariant observables in Jackiw-Teitelboim gravity
- 11/10/2022, 11:00
- Wolfgang Schmid
Sequential Monitoring of High Dimensional Time Series
- 11/10/2022, 16:00
- Antonella Grassi
A family of threefolds with several unusual features
- 12/10/2022, 14:30
- Oswaldo Gressani
Approximate inference with Bayesian P-splines in epidemic models
- 14/10/2022, 09:30
- Diogo Gomes
From Calculus of Variations to Reinforcement Learning (I)
Agregações and doctorates
- 29/09/2022, 13:30, Agregação
- Carlos Manuel Costa Lourenço Caleiro
Elements of Programming
A manifesto for multiple conclusions in logic
- 27/09/2022, 15:00, Agregação
- Ana Leonor Mestre Vicente Silvestre
Mathematical and Numerical Methods in Fluid Dynamics
Mathematical fluid mechanics: steady incompressible viscous flows in exterior domains
- 23/09/2022, 14:00, PhD
- Pedro Paulo Gondim Cardoso
Hydrodynamic limit of symmetric exclusion process with long jumps and a slow barrier
- 23/09/2022, 10:00, PhD
- Miguel Castilho Soares Duarte
Asymptotics in Generalized Harmonic Gauge
- 20/07/2022, 14:00, PhD
- Pedro de Melo Branco
Reducing the Communication in Secure Computation
04/09/2023 — 08/09/2023
@ Instituto Superior Técnico, Lisboa, Portugal
The European Conference on Numerical Mathematics and Advanced Applications (ENUMATH) conferences are a forum for presenting and discussing novel and fundamental advances in numerical mathematics and challenging scientific and industrial applications on the highest level of international expertise.
They started in Paris in 1995. Subsequent ENUMATH conferences were held at the universities of Heidelberg (1997), Jyväskylä (1999), Ischia Porto (2001), Prague (2003), Santiago de Compostela (2005), Graz (2007), Uppsala (2009), Leicester (2011), Lausanne (2013), Ankara (2015), Bergen (2017) and Egmond aan Zee (2019).
ENUMATH 2021 has been canceled due to the COVID-19 pandemic. It has been postponed to September 4-8, 2023, in Lisbon and will take place at the same location, Instituto Superior Técnico. Most of the Invited Speakers of the ENUMATH 2021 conference have already accepted the invitation for 2023.
Research, work, and student seminars to be held at DMIST during the next few weeks.
Final public defenses for agregação or PhD either recent or upcoming.