Recently hired faculty
- Pedro Ricardo Simão Antunes, 2022-05-01, Associate Professor. Numerical analysis, meshless methods, shape optimization.
- Diogo Oliveira e Silva, 2022-01-01, Assistant Professor. Harmonic analysis.
- Hugo Tavares, 2020-01-01, Associate Professor. Partial Differential Equations, Nonlinear Analysis.
- Jorge Tiago, 2019-09-03, Assistant Professor. Optimal control and numerical methods in fluid mechanics.
- Simão Correia, 2019-09-03, Assistant Professor. Qualitative theory for dispersive PDE, elliptic PDE, harmonic analysis.
- Filipe Mena, 2018-09-01, Associate Professor. Mathematical Physics, General Relativity, Differential Geometry.
- Leonardo Macarini, 2018-01-01, Associate Professor. Symplectic Topology, Hamiltonian Dynamics, Differential Geometry.
Recently hired researchers
- Pedro Boavida de Brito, 2022-11-15, Researcher. Algebraic topology.
- Gonçalo Marques Fernandes de Oliveira, 2022-11-09, Researcher. Differential Geometry and Mathematical Physics.
- Maria Kulikova, 2022-01-01, Researcher. Bayesian filtering and parameter estimation, system identification, computational statistics.
- Delia Schiera, 2021-11-11, Researcher. Partial Differential Equations, Nonlinear Analysis.
- 01/06/2023, 14:30
- Virginia Agostiniani
A Green's function proof of the positive mass theorem and related topics
- 01/06/2023, 17:00
- Andreas Döpp
Machine-learning strategies in laser-plasma physics
- 06/06/2023, 15:00
- Tertuliano Franco
Out of equilibrium joint fluctuations for current and occupation time in the symmetric exclusion process
- 06/06/2023, 16:00
- Alex Waldron
Strong gap theorems via Yang-Mills flow
- 07/06/2023, 11:00
- Petr Vojtěchovský
Quandles: Introduction and recent developments
- 07/06/2023, 13:30
- Anthony Gauvan
Zygmund's problem and axis parallel rectangles
Agregações and doctorates
- 22/05/2023, 15:30, Agregação
Hugo Ricardo Nabais Tavares
Partial Differential Equations
Topics in elliptic problems: from semilinear equations to shape optimization
- 19/05/2023, 14:00, PhD
WKB Methods for Finite Difference Schrödinger Equations
- 20/04/2023, 14:00, Agregação
Gunter Markus Shutz
Stochastic interacting particle systems
Dynamical Universality Classes in Driven Diffusive Systems
- 21/03/2023, 09:00, Agregação
Miguel Jorge Couceiro de Sousa Santos
Lattice theory for symbolic knowledge discovery
Galois theories for functions with applications in equational definability and analogy based classification
- 09/02/2023, 17:00, Agregação
Diogo Gaspar Teixeira de Oliveira e Silva
Sharp Restriction Theory
12/10/2023 — 14/10/2023
Hotel Régua Douro, Peso da Régua, Portugal
The main objective of the 7th International Workshop on Analysis and Numerical Approximation of Singular Problems (IWANASP 2023) is to bring together mathematicians who deal with singular problems in different fields. By singular problems we understand different kinds of equations (including differential, integral, integro-differential and other types of functional equations) whose solutions have an unusual behavior, which may assume the form of unboundedness, lack of smoothness, bifurcation, etc. The scientific program includes invited talks (40 min) and contributed talks (20 min).
24/07/2023 — 28/07/2023
Faculty of Sciences of the University of Lisbon
SPA Conferences are organised under patronage of the Bernoulli Society and can justifiably be regarded as the most important international scientific meeting on the theory and applications of stochastic processes. They are held annually except for the years when the World Congress in Probability and Statistics takes place.
See the SPA2023 site.
04/09/2023 — 08/09/2023 08:30
@ Instituto Superior Técnico, Lisboa, Portugal
The European Conference on Numerical Mathematics and Advanced Applications (ENUMATH) conferences are a forum for presenting and discussing novel and fundamental advances in numerical mathematics and challenging scientific and industrial applications on the highest level of international expertise.
They started in Paris in 1995. Subsequent ENUMATH conferences were held at the universities of Heidelberg (1997), Jyväskylä (1999), Ischia Porto (2001), Prague (2003), Santiago de Compostela (2005), Graz (2007), Uppsala (2009), Leicester (2011), Lausanne (2013), Ankara (2015), Bergen (2017) and Egmond aan Zee (2019).
ENUMATH 2021 has been canceled due to the COVID-19 pandemic and postponed to 2023. ENUMATH 2023 will take place on September 4th-8th at Instituto Superior Técnico, Lisbon.
Research, work, and student seminars to be held at DMIST during the next few weeks.
Final public defenses for agregação or PhD either recent or upcoming.