Recently hired faculty
- Pedro Ricardo Simão Antunes, 2022-05-01, Associate Professor. Numerical analysis, meshless methods, shape optimization.
- Diogo Oliveira e Silva, 2022-01-01, Assistant Professor. Harmonic analysis.
- Hugo Tavares, 2020-01-01, Associate Professor. Partial Differential Equations, Nonlinear Analysis.
- Simão Correia, 2019-09-03, Assistant Professor. Qualitative theory for dispersive PDE, elliptic PDE, harmonic analysis.
- Jorge Tiago, 2019-09-03, Assistant Professor. Optimal control and numerical methods in fluid mechanics.
- Filipe Mena, 2018-09-01, Associate Professor. Mathematical Physics, General Relativity, Differential Geometry.
- Leonardo Macarini, 2018-01-01, Associate Professor. Symplectic Topology, Hamiltonian Dynamics, Differential Geometry.
Recently hired researchers
- Maria Kulikova, 2022-01-01, Researcher. Bayesian filtering and parameter estimation, system identification, computational statistics.
- Delia Schiera, 2021-11-11, Researcher. Partial Differential Equations, Nonlinear Analysis.
- Gunter Schütz, 2021-11-01, Researcher. Polymer dynamics, driven diffusive systems, quantum spin chains far from equilibrium.
- Erida Gjini, 2020-09-01, Researcher. Mathematical epidemiology, modeling of infectious diseases, stochastic processes.
Agregações and doctorates
- 20/07/2022, 14:00, PhD
- Pedro de Melo Branco
Reducing the Communication in Secure Computation
- 14/07/2022, 14:00, PhD
- Maria José de Almeida e Silva
Novel stochastic excursions to urban drinking water systems: flow measurement uncertainty and water loss control
- 07/07/2022, 14:00, PhD
- Martí Rosselló Gómez
Quantum black hole entropy and the Rademacher expansion
- 01/06/2022, 14:30, PhD
- Luís Filipe Xavier Cavaco de Mendonça Dias
Intrusion Detection using Clustering and Outlier Detection
- 29/04/2022, 14:00, PhD
- Carllos Eduardo Alves de Holanda
Nonadditive Thermodynamic Formalism and Multifractal Analysis for Flows
14/08/2022 — 20/08/2022 08:00
This event celebrates the increased scientific cooperation in the area of Mathematics during the bicentennial of Brasil’s independence.
05/09/2022 — 09/09/2022
This meeting, whose scope comprises Ordinary and Partial Differential Equations and related topics, aims to promote integration of researchers of both IST and IME (and other institutions), with the presentation of research works and plenary lectures of the participants.
This edition will honor Giorgio Fusco, who has been a major contributor to the IST-IME link.
30/07/2022 — 15/09/2022
Applications to the 2022 Professor Jaime Campos Ferreira Prize are now open, until 5pm on September 15, 2022.
This prize was established in 2002 by the Department of Mathematics of IST with the twofold purpose of distinguishing, for academic merit in Mathematics, students at this school, and to honor Professor Jaime Campos Ferreira (1927-2016), Emeritus Professor at IST, who decisevely contributed to the creation and development of the Department and greatly stimulated the interest in Mathematics of several generations of students.
31/08/2022 — 02/09/2022
@ Department of Mathematics, Instituto Superior Técnico, Lisboa, Portugal
This online international workshop brings together experts in quantum gravity and string theory to stimulate collaborative discussions and exchange of ideas on the latest developments and results in the field.
Organizers: Gabriel Lopes Cardoso, Suresh Nampuri.
Final public defenses for agregação or PhD either recent or upcoming.