Recently hired faculty
- Pedro Ricardo Simão Antunes, 2022-05-01, Associate Professor. Numerical analysis, meshless methods, shape optimization.
- Diogo Oliveira e Silva, 2022-01-01, Assistant Professor. Harmonic analysis.
- Hugo Tavares, 2020-01-01, Associate Professor. Partial Differential Equations, Nonlinear Analysis.
- Simão Correia, 2019-09-03, Assistant Professor. Qualitative theory for dispersive PDE, elliptic PDE, harmonic analysis.
- Jorge Tiago, 2019-09-03, Assistant Professor. Optimal control and numerical methods in fluid mechanics.
- Filipe Mena, 2018-09-01, Associate Professor. Mathematical Physics, General Relativity, Differential Geometry.
- Leonardo Macarini, 2018-01-01, Associate Professor. Symplectic Topology, Hamiltonian Dynamics, Differential Geometry.
Recently hired researchers
- Delia Schiera, 2021-11-11, Researcher. Partial Differential Equations, Nonlinear Analysis.
- Gunter Schütz, 2021-11-01, Researcher. Polymer dynamics, driven diffusive systems, quantum spin chains far from equilibrium.
- Erida Gjini, 2020-09-01, Researcher. Mathematical epidemiology, modeling of infectious diseases, stochastic processes.
- Emilio Franco, 2019-06-01, Researcher. Algebraic Geometry.
- 30/05/2022, 14:30
- Elias Krainski
Implementing Non-Stationary Non-Separable Spacetime Models
- 31/05/2022, 16:00
- Inder Kaur
To be announced
- 01/06/2022, 14:00
- Rainer Mandel
New Gagliardo-Nirenberg inequalities and applications to biharmonic NLS
- 01/06/2022, 17:00
- Nima Moshayedi
Cutting-Gluing of TQFTs in the Symplectic Cohomological Formalism
- 01/06/2022, 17:00
- Cristina Toninelli
Fredrickson-Andersen 2-spin facilitated model: sharp threshold
Agregações and doctorates
- 01/06/2022, 14:30, PhD
- Luís Filipe Xavier Cavaco de Mendonça Dias
Intrusion Detection using Clustering and Outlier Detection
- 29/04/2022, 14:00, PhD
- Carllos Eduardo Alves de Holanda
Nonadditive Thermodynamic Formalism and Multifractal Analysis for Flows
- 17/02/2022, 13:00, PhD
- Riccardo Gozzi
Analog Characterization of Complexity Classes
- 16/12/2021, 09:30, Agregação
- Leonardo Magalhães Macarini
Applications of Symplectic Topology to Dynamics and Geometry
- 05/11/2021, 15:00, PhD
- Grace Tusogwile Mwkyoma
Classification of Hamiltonian circle actions on compact symplectic orbifolds of dimension four
27/06/2022 — 01/07/2022
@ Department of Mathematics, Instituto Superior Técnico, Universidade de Lisboa
The purpose of this Workshop-School to bring together researchers working on different mirror symmetry phenomena occuring in moduli spaces. Along with cutting-edge research talks, there will be four introductory mini courses addressed to students and young researchers in differential geometry, algebraic geometry, theoretical physics and related areas.
Emilio Franco (CAMGSD-IST, Universidade de Lisboa)
Ana Peón-Nieto (University of Birmingham)
Tom Sutherland (Vienna).
27/06/2022 — 01/07/2022
@ Instituto Superior Técnico, Lisboa, Portugal
This workshop aims to gather experts on Symplectic Geometry and Hamiltonian Dynamics in a leisurely ambiance. The program includes a small number of lectures, leaving plenty of time for informal discussions.
14/08/2022 — 20/08/2022 08:00
@ Universidade Federal da Bahia, Salvador - Bahia
O Encontro Conjunto Brasil-Portugal em Matemática, a decorrer de 14 a 20 de Agosto de 2022 na Universidade Federal da Bahia, em Salvador - Bahia, marca o Bicentenário da Independência do Brasil.
Este evento realiza-se em Salvador, a primeira capital do Brasil (1549-1763), e celebra a intensificação da cooperação científica na área e a efeméride da independência, com o objetivo lançar as bases para um novo estágio de colaboração bilateral, ainda mais ambicioso, na área de matemática.
05/09/2022 — 09/09/2022
This meeting, whose scope comprises Ordinary and Partial Differential Equations and related topics, aims to promote integration of researchers of both IST and IME (and other institutions), with the presentation of research works and plenary lectures of the participants.
This edition will honor Giorgio Fusco, who has been a major contributor to the IST-IME link.
Research, work, and student seminars to be held at DMIST during the next few weeks.
Final public defenses for agregação or PhD either recent or upcoming.