Recently hired faculty
- Pedro Ricardo Simão Antunes, 2022-05-01, Associate Professor. Numerical analysis, meshless methods, shape optimization.
- Diogo Oliveira e Silva, 2022-01-01, Assistant Professor. Harmonic analysis.
- Hugo Tavares, 2020-01-01, Associate Professor. Partial Differential Equations, Nonlinear Analysis.
- Jorge Tiago, 2019-09-03, Assistant Professor. Optimal control and numerical methods in fluid mechanics.
- Simão Correia, 2019-09-03, Assistant Professor. Qualitative theory for dispersive PDE, elliptic PDE, harmonic analysis.
- Filipe Mena, 2018-09-01, Associate Professor. Mathematical Physics, General Relativity, Differential Geometry.
- Leonardo Macarini, 2018-01-01, Associate Professor. Symplectic Topology, Hamiltonian Dynamics, Differential Geometry.
Recently hired researchers
- Pedro Boavida de Brito, 2022-11-15, Researcher. Algebraic topology.
- Gonçalo Oliveira, 2022-11-09, Researcher. Differential Geometry and Mathematical Physics.
- Maria Kulikova, 2022-01-01, Researcher. Bayesian filtering and parameter estimation, system identification, computational statistics.
- Delia Schiera, 2021-11-11, Researcher. Partial Differential Equations, Nonlinear Analysis.
- 09/12/2022, 12:00
- Zoran Petric
A diagrammatic presentation of the category 3Cob
- 13/12/2022, 16:00
- Nicki Magill
Symplectic embeddings of Hirzebruch surfaces
- 14/12/2022, 14:00
- John Einmahl
Extreme value Inference for general heterogeneous data
- 15/12/2022, 13:30
- Ederson Moreira dos Santos
To be announced
- 15/12/2022, 17:00
- Bruno Loureiro
Phase diagram of Stochastic Gradient Descent in high-dimensional two-layer neural networks
Agregações and doctorates
- 11/11/2022, 14:00, PhD
- Pedro Gonçalo Godinho Filipe
Computability of logical problems associated to partial non-deterministic matrices
- 26/10/2022, 14:00, PhD
- Roberto Vega Álvarez
Parametric Resurgences of the Second Painlevé Equation and the Case of 2 Dimensional Quantum Supergravity
- 14/10/2022, 11:00, PhD
- Augusto Cesar Silva Soares Pereira
Applications of flows in imaginary time to quantization
- 29/09/2022, 13:30, Agregação
- Carlos Manuel Costa Lourenço Caleiro
Elements of Programming
A manifesto for multiple conclusions in logic
- 27/09/2022, 15:00, Agregação
- Ana Leonor Mestre Vicente Silvestre
Mathematical and Numerical Methods in Fluid Dynamics
Mathematical fluid mechanics: steady incompressible viscous flows in exterior domains
Students Rui Wang (2nd year, LMAC), Pedro Costa (2nd year, LMAC), Nuno Carneiro (3rd year, LMAC) and Pedro Ronda (3rd year, LEFT) have been awarded
28/11/2022 — 31/12/2022
Luís Barreira was awarded the Universidade de Lisboa / Caixa Geral de Depósitos Prize 2022 in the field of Pure and Applied Mathematics. The selection committee assessed the scientific merit and international impact of the research work of the candidates in the 2017-2021 period.
04/09/2023 — 08/09/2023
@ Instituto Superior Técnico, Lisboa, Portugal
The European Conference on Numerical Mathematics and Advanced Applications (ENUMATH) conferences are a forum for presenting and discussing novel and fundamental advances in numerical mathematics and challenging scientific and industrial applications on the highest level of international expertise.
They started in Paris in 1995. Subsequent ENUMATH conferences were held at the universities of Heidelberg (1997), Jyväskylä (1999), Ischia Porto (2001), Prague (2003), Santiago de Compostela (2005), Graz (2007), Uppsala (2009), Leicester (2011), Lausanne (2013), Ankara (2015), Bergen (2017) and Egmond aan Zee (2019).
ENUMATH 2021 has been canceled due to the COVID-19 pandemic. It has been postponed to September 4-8, 2023, in Lisbon and will take place at the same location, Instituto Superior Técnico. Most of the Invited Speakers of the ENUMATH 2021 conference have already accepted the invitation for 2023.
Research, work, and student seminars to be held at DMIST during the next few weeks.
Final public defenses for agregação or PhD either recent or upcoming.