05/11/2019, 15:30 — 16:00 — Room P3.31, Mathematics Building
Roger Picken, Instituto Superior Técnico
Research topics in higher gauge theory, knot theory, and anyons
Under the heading higher gauge theory I will briefy discuss:
- gerbes on supergroups (to be described by John Huerta in his talk).
- the relation between 2-group (discretized) connections and transports (with Jeff Morton).
- surface transport in 3D quantum gravity (with Jeanette Nelson).
I will then focus on two projects:
- development of the Eisermann invariant of knots (based on previous work with João Faria Martins).
- (higher) gauge theoretical models for anyons in topological quantum computation.
Part of the Higher Structures and Applications mini-meeting, 5-6 Nov. 2019.